Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week 9

I'm going on a roadtrip in about 2 hours and won't be back on until later tomorrow night, so i thought I'd go ahead and post this here.

For my "cover" assignment, I decided to create a Splash Page for the Black Feather Gospel website. With a little help on the coding from my comic co-head (who is WAY more fluent in coding than I am), I used some of our art from the story and created this:

BFG Splash Page


I chose those two Chibis (Hee hee, new word, Emily!) because they're the most familiar to fans visiting the site, and they're the main characters of the story.

Fear it. The website overall has a cute and playful aesthetic while still being relatively easy to navigate.

For my free entries for this week, I ws stuck in a moving vehicle, which left me at the mercy of the bumps of I-80. Actually, this caused me to loosen up my lines and deal with what happened as I was trapped in the back seat of a minivan crammed with stuff. Music was the only thing keeping me sane, but for the sake of the assignment I decided to keep it to a Black Feather Gospel theme.

The first drawing I did was a psuedo portrait of sorts of the archangel Raphael. She's usually quite prim and pretty. So this sketch of her with sketchy brows and not so lovely hair was quite a surprise. I almost like it, but I'm not sure about changing her design to this look...



The next entry is caused by my listening to Archangelo Corelli, one of my favorite composers ever. His classical music is just fantastic, so I wanted to do another piece remiscient of old fashion. This time I took the character Mammon from the story and dressed her in a Marie Antoinette Getup, I didn't want to be too stereotypical though, so instead of giving her huge hair, I gave her a huge hat with plumes, ribbons and roses. My mom said the roses were crappy. I don't think they're TOO terrible. I mean, they DO look like roses..right?


And the third entry is a companion piece to the above, strring Mammon's love interest, Belial. This piece was done while I was listening to Kevin Rudolf and Demi Lovato. ....Yeah, I know. Hush. Demi Lovato's got a really cute cover of "Thats how you know" from Disney's Enchanted I've been obsessing over for awhile. And Kevin Rudolf's song "She can get it" is almost Belial and Mammon to a Tee. And I dig bassists. Hypothetically I think this could go along with the Michael T-shirt design I posted last week, but I don't want it to get too redundant. Although someone on Deviantart DID ask if I was going to do all the characters. i think I'd get sick of that way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment